Client Account Specialist
|Title:||Client Account Specialist|
DescriptionHinshaw & Culbertson LLP. has an immediate opening for a Client Account Specialists. This position will be responsible for all aspects of billing and collections for assigned clients, practice groups, and/or billing attorneys. Client Account Specialists manage a portfolio of matters and ensure that the portfolio and individual matters meet firm standards for billing and collections. This position requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, as it necessitates extensive interaction with partners, management, clients, and staff.
- Learns and understands all aspects of the client relationship and billing specifications including outside counsel guidelines, administrative and billing procedures and deadlines, key client contacts, software/technology applications, and financial agreements (rates, deductibles, budgets, etc.) with the firm.
- Acts as the liaison between accounting and finance, business development leaders, department and practice group leaders, marketing, billing attorneys, secretaries, and timekeepers.
- Coordinates with clients’ Accounts Payable department and clients’ law department administrators to resolve and process invoices and payments, including e-billing.
- Communicates on behalf of the Finance department and answers questions from clients, billing attorneys, management, timekeepers, and staff regarding all aspects of the billing and collection process.
- Manages internal processes and systems related to invoicing and collections to ensure all internal systems accurately reflect the data processed including but not limited to: billing, rates, addresses, collections, invoices, pre-bills, disbursements, and counsel guidelines.
- Confirms the following information with each new matter opened for the client: claim handler/adjuster, contact information, claim number, deductible, rates, matter opened on e-billing website, case categories, and matter types.
- Reviews, analyzes, and ensures compliance with outside counsel guidelines.
- Reviews pre-bills and sends to attorneys within three days of generation to make necessary corrections and to verify accuracy of all components including but not limited: contact and address information, rates, approved timekeepers, outdated time entries, and special instructions from matter notes.
- Generates reports for assigned billing attorneys. Runs monthly EIS reports by the 15th of each month and uses these monthly reports to address any unpaid invoices or unbilled time with the billing attorney.
- Assists in the development of billing forecasts and budgets. Reports on progress and informs department management of changes in the forecast.
- Monitors and analyzes key metrics such as WIP, AR, DSO, aging levels, and unapplied cash to assist in meeting billing and collection goals and to improve the cash cycle.
- Detects, monitors, and analyzes billing and collections trends for assigned accounts and makes appropriate recommendations to respond to the needs of clients. Maintains awareness and understanding of current industry practices.
- Controls and ensures integrity of accounting data in compliance with accounting principles, as well as adheres to billing, collections, financial, and planning policies, processes, and procedures.
- Meets defined performance metrics and assists the Finance Team as a whole to meet department performance metrics.
- Participate in day-to-day direction of client billing team, which may include managing work assignments, providing coaching and feedback, evaluating performance and providing input regarding staffing decisions for the team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present a problem and solution in a clear, concise, professional, and accurate manner when interfacing with adjusters, clients, attorneys, etc.
- Effective management, problem solving, and decision making skills to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated sense of initiative and exercises good judgment to proactively communicate and work face-to-face or through phone calls prior to sending emails
- Willingness and ability to be available and approachable to interact with all levels of personnel, and function as part of a team to foster smooth efficient workflow
- Willingness and ability to be inquisitive, persistent, and professional; willingness to keep asking questions to fully understand the root cause of the issues and to be persistent in developing and driving towards solutions, while maintaining a polite and courteous demeanor
- Ability to prioritize and execute on a diverse range of tasks, and to adapt quickly and appropriately to changing management needs
- Knowledge and understanding of a broad range of accounting policies and procedures, with preferred experience in service industry billing and collections software
- Ability to perform complex financial analysis and translate into meaningful recommendations
- Strong proficiency in Excel, CMS, iManage, NBI, Websites, and Lotus
- Ability to make independent decisions, within established parameters, regarding client billing issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance required or equivalent experience
- Legal or professional service industry preferred
- Minimum 4 years experience in billing and collections preferred
Hinshaw is an EEO/AA employer.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications